Bauhaus Warranty Policy (2022)
Bauhaus furniture carries a Five (5) year warranty for any manufacturing defects discovered in any materials or workmanship and will replace or repair such defects for a period of up to five years (excluding upholstery).
Bauhaus sofa frames have a Ten (10) year warranty.
Bauhaus Lighting, Accessories and Homeware items have a One (1) year warranty, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Provided the defect is not a result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the materials used.
The above commences from the dispatch date of original purchase, provided that the product has not been subject to accident, misuse, abnormal use, improper installation, or lack of reasonable care with the following exclusions:
- loss or damage (including rusting and corrosion) due to unreasonable exposure to water, heat or weather; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, sunlight, infestation by animals or boring insects, or theft, accidental damage or loss caused by a third party.
- Timber is a natural material that varies in colour and grain orientation and will age/ weather when exposed to the elements. Splits, cracks and colour change are natural ageing processes, and these are not covered by this warranty.
- Where natural materials are used in the manufacturing process, minor variations will occur from piece to piece. Such variations are a result of the nature of the goods are not considered defects under the warranty.
- All upholstery is excluded from this warranty. All fabrics remain subject to the manufacturer’s warranty only, where applicable.
- Surface coatings including After Care Products, are not covered by warranty as they rely on the customers’ maintenance program to ensure their performance. Seasonal cracking that may occur is also not covered by warranty.
- The warranty does not cover products sold as ‘ex-showroom, ‘seconds’, product damaged in transportation or furniture used in commercial, contract, or non-residential use.
- This warranty does not cover the purchase of all Lighting, Accessories and Homeware items.
- This warranty does not cover items that have not been cared for in accordance with its care instructions, and/or normal furniture care practices.
- This warranty is in addition to the rights granted by the Consumer Guarantees and Fair Trading Act 1993.